Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stir It Up


Oh My Gosh......I just made the best Shrimp Tai Peanut Stir Fry! When I was in town on Friday I went by Costco and picked up some cooked frozen shrimp with the tail off and a big bag or their frozen stir fry vegetables. Some of you probably can't even imagine leaving Costco with only two items but....thats me! I have little space and it's just me and besides I take a list and I am not easily swayed by all the goodies. I did forget however that it was free food day, you know.....tons of free samples everywhere. People and carts everywhere! It was fun and I even ran into an old friend.

Back to the stir fry........I had bought some brown rice earlier that day and had decided to make the change. I have been hearing about how much better it is for you so...I made some up earlier today and then mixed it into the stir fry! It was super yummy! The Tai Peanut sauce is made by Sun Luck and it called for 1/4 cup....but after I gave it the ole taste test it just wasn't enough flavor for this "zion girl", so I added about another 1/4 cup. I even made enough to take to work tomorrow.

I love trying new recipes......Ok....this is a stir fry for heavens sake and it was all frozen with the exception of the brown rice! So, let me rephrase that. I love a super quick delicious thrown together stir fry!

No comments: