Thursday, November 10, 2011

Who Loves Pinecones More Than Me!



Fall and Winter are the perfect time to gather the pinecones and luckily for me they are just right outside my door! You can have so much fun decorating for the holidays with just pinecones!

I love the Martha Stewart idea of bleaching them. Who knew? I had never seen this before and you do have to admit that they do have a lighter, more dramatic color.

Here is the how to's on how to bleach them:

Water will cause the pinecones to close up; they'll reopen after drying. Working in a well-ventilated area, fill large bin with 1 part bleach to 4 parts water. Add cones; place smaller bin on top (to submerge the pinecones). Let sit for 24 hours. Remove; let dry on paper towels.


Cute idea to then use them on packages for decoration.



I think using Pinecones on your festive table mixed with lots of golds, reds or silvers is so traditional and welcoming to your guests.


No comments: