Thursday, November 24, 2011

What I Am Most Thankful For



Tomorrow I will be attending the Temple and it is by far one of my most cherished blessings. Just look at this beautiful and majestic vision. It brings tears to my eyes because of it's very special meaning to me.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to partake of it's meaning and the many ways it gives me to serve the Lord and all those that surround me.




I love the beauty of the Temple and especially all the splendor of the holiday lighting and the "Nativity" that are on the Temple grounds this time of year. It gives me the opportunity to ponder on holidays past and especially those that involve the past Temple lighting ceremonies. I have wonderfully warm and fuzzy memories of when my girls were little and we would attend this event every year.

Often times the girls would sing in the choirs on the Temple lawn and then in the days to follow we would take in the Christmas movie in the old visitors center, "Mr. Krugers Christmas". If you have never seen this movie .....well.....it's a classic for sure, starring Jimmy Stewart and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Ahhhh........the sweet melancholy memories of the past! I hold them so very very dear and so close to my heart! Now it is time to make these sweet memories with my grandchildren.

I am so very thankful for all my many blessings especially my two wonderful daughters and their sweet husbands who are so good to me. I am CRAZY about my seven grandchildren! Each one of them are so very special in their own loving and unique way. I am so very thankful for my mother who is my very best friend in the world. She is my everything!

I am thankful for my job and how I love coming to work everyday! How many of us can really say that? I am thankful for my church family, my friends, my neighbors and my co-workers.

I am most thankful for my love of the gospel and how it makes me feel inside. I am so grateful that I continue to feel the love of my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ every waking moment of my life.

There are some things that I have no answers to ...but I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I must accept that he knows best. So at times when I get confused or discouraged I hurry off to the Temple to find the peace and the answers that I know are waiting for me there.

No comments: