Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Tip of The Day


Keep up regular workouts.


During the holidays people are even more pressed for time as they prepare for events, parties, gift giving, and more. Many regular exercisers temporarily throw in the towel, telling themselves they’ll start back up after the New Year. DON'T DO IT!!!


Now is not the time for towel throwing! Exercise can help you deal with stress and rev up your metabolism to help fight off those extra calories. Try using resistance exercises that work large muscle groups, elevate metabolism, and burn more calories giving you more bang for buck.


I have figured out that I can eat all the holiday crap I want......if I then exercise it off! So I make the commitment that If I'm going to indulge then I have also committed to exercise! And please.....I live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.....Zion National Park.....so it is a little easier for me to get out every day and enjoy the beauty and a do a walk/run of at least 3 or 4 miles. If I have really gone overboard with pastas and rice (white food is my enemy) then I up it to 5 miles! Just sayin..................

No comments: