Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's A First



This coming weekend I am headed to Vegas with friends to attend my favorite little buddies "Bar Mitzvah".


This is a first for me and it promises to be "A Very Vegas Bar Mitzvah". Rumor has it there will be Vegas showgirls mingling about!!!!! I am so excited and I am so very proud of my little Noah. I have known him since the day he was born! He has spent the past two years learning his hebrew and I can hardly wait to see how well he does.


For those of us who don't know about Bar Mitzvah's, it's when a young man of 13 becomes of age. He is now responsible for his own actions.


Prior to a child reaching Bar Mitzvah, the child's parents hold the responsibility for the child's actions. After this age, children bear their own responsibility for Jewish ritual law, tradition, and ethics and are able to participate in all areas of Jewish community life.

No comments: