Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Haystacks



I have just made my first batch of holiday haystacks!
I LOVE THESE LITTLE GEMS!
I am not a huge fan of chocolate so these little peanut butter/butterscotch yummies are right up at the top of my list of favorite things. I had really forgotten about them for a long time and then started making them again last year.



Ingredients:
1 Cup of butterscotch morsels
1 to 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter (I really like peanut butter so I put in 2 Tbsp.)
1 Cup of cocktail peanuts (peanuts without the red skins.)
1 Cup canned or bagged chow mein noodles.

Directions:
Put the butterscotch morsels and peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, remove bowl and stir. The butterscotch morsels should melt as you stir, but if they don't, don't worry! Just put them back in the microwave for 15 seconds more than stir again.

When the butterscotch is completely melted and smooth, stir in the peanuts and the chow mein noodles. Ues a teaspoon to scoop out a little of the mixture and mound it onto a wax papered cookie sheet. Keep in a cool place or frig for 10 to 15 minutes before you eat and gift! I do keep them stored in the frig in an airtight container until I am ready to gift them in cute little bags!


DID I TELL YOU HOW MUCH.... I LOVE THESE LITTLE DARLINS!

No comments: