Thursday, February 24, 2011

A New Word


Elegy


In literature, an elegy is a mournful, melancholic or plaintive poem, especially a funeral song or a lament for the dead.



Very Interesting! I have started the new book above and in the second paragraph it states this:
The title of this book has three origins--as a prophecy, a promise, and an elegy. I had never heard this word before or if I have, I do not remember it.


I love to find new words and look them up immediately. That is about the only thing that would draw me into ever considering buying "the kindle", as it has a built in dictionary.
But........I love the feel of the book, I love flipping the pages and I LOVE .......the smell of the book. Maybe I am just to set in my ways. Would Thomas Jefferson have bought a kindle? I don't think so!


No comments: