Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Alcatraz Island


In a few weeks I will be heading back to San Francisco for a few days. My mom and I went last year and we loved it so much that we just have to go back. One of the biggest highlights of our trip was taking the boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge and then around Alcatraz.

Well................we are taking the Alcatraz trip and getting off the boat and onto the island this time. Woo Hoo..............I can hardly wait.

Alcatraz Island is an island located in the San Francisco Bay, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) offshore from San Francisco. It is often referred to as The Rock, the small island early-on served as a lighthouse, a military fortification, a military prison, and a Federal Bureau of Prisons federal prison until 1963. Later, in 1972, Alcatraz became a national recreation area and received landmarking designations in 1976 and 1986.

How many of us saw "The Rock" starring Sean Connery?

Did I say how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

janis said...

Sergio & I have always wanted to go and see Alcatraz! Maybe one day.