Friday, February 18, 2011

Manti LDS Temple



Even though Steven and I had such a full plate last weekend.......we were so close to the Manti Temple that we were able to get up here on Sunday before church. I was in AWE............... It is so beautiful and speaks so softly of a pioneer legacy! I love the older...... the first constructed temples so much.


This is the view from the driveway where I was standing in the previous picture and this is looking downhill at the cemetery. I often think of all the pioneers that paved the way for me.
I'm sure that many of them helped settle the valley and helped with the construction of the Temple. I learned some wonderful stories of the building of the temple from Steven's sweet mom and she even loaned me a book about the Manti Temple.


This is the south lawn where they have the Manti Pageant that I have never been able to go to. I am going to try my darndest this year to make it. Maybe we can make it a family tradition every year!



It is on this lawn that some 15,000 people gather for a 2 week performance for this special event. Can you even imagine? For more information please visit http://www.mormonmiracle.org/

1 comment:

janis said...

Brooke it is breathtaking!