Friday, February 18, 2011

Alstrom Point Day!



Alstrom Point is located within the boundaries of Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, which is a piece of undeveloped country. Steven and I headed out early in the morning and took lots of yummy snacks and left over cold pizza from the night before. ( I LOVE PIZZA!) Obviously you need to go by truck or four wheelers. Steven and his son Danny had actually been here a few weeks earlier on the four wheelers and they had a super great day.


I loved the scenery........It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. Steven said that they had just finished shooting a movie here and I can't remember the title but it had something to do with someone from Mars. Wow..........It looks likes something from Mars for sure.


























Can you see the little spec of a boat out there? It was 40 degrees this day!



































This is one of my favorite shots looking between the large gap in the rocks!































My personal tour director and great leader of this expedition................
Yes........he makes me very nervous when he does these balancing acts!




This is the view from Alstrom Point looking over to Page, Arizona. It was a beautiful day and it was so much fun just being together. We made it home just in time for the BYU game.......can you imagine how well he had this planned out? (giggles).......... Thanks for a wonderful weekend!










No comments: