Monday, January 17, 2011

What Do We Fear Most


I don't care what anyone says............We are all afraid of something, whether it be big or small fears....everyone has something that they are afraid of. Stop and think about it.


In the next couple of weeks I will be looking fear right in the face. These of course aren't big fears...not the old stop ya in your tracks....can't breathe paralyzing fears, but mostly just silly fears.....but still very real to me, but on a "gotta do it" level. Did that make any sense? These are more of just the old "out of my comfort zone" fears..........But still.......my heart will race, I will become anxious, I will pray alot, I will be taking many deep breaths and soon the eye twitching will begin!


I will not go into my fears as I am always afraid that someone will use these against me in the future if they need to or feel the need to scare me. Sound silly? I don't think so. It did happen many many years ago when I divulged a fear to someone. The aliens are out to get me.....I know that is what you are thinking. There are just some people in this world that seem to find humor in scaring other people.


I do believe that as we grow older we learn to deal with and live with our fears. Somehow we must find a way to become one with this very scary reality. In the past three years I have dealt with my greatest fear but only because I was confronted with it. I am so proud of myself that I am now able to deal with this one. and trust me..........it was the GREAT BIG CAN'T BREATHE PARALYZING SCARY FEAR! What a feeling of power to know now that I can handle this one. I still don't like it but I can now "not go completely wack-o" about it.

So these people who tell you that they aren't afraid of anything...........just don't believe it!
They just aren't willing to share their secrets!!!!! and rightfully so!

1 comment:

janis said...

oh Brooke... I am so freaking scared right now. Of soooo much. I always thought life would get easier, not harder. & it feels harder today.
I love you & have you in my prayers to be able to face your fears and get past them♥