Friday, October 8, 2010

Monster Mash


Who doesn't remember this song? Oh my heck! It is one of my favorite Halloween songs ever. This wasn't always the way I felt about it though. I can remember being about 7yrs. old and my brother Steven would be playing the 45 on our "Hi-Fi " and me being scared to death. I would even have terrible nightmares about it..............Looking back it seems so silly but when you are so young... some things seem so real!

"Monster Mash" is a 1962 novelty song and the best-known song by Bobby "Boris" Pickett. The song was released as a single on Gary S. Paxton's Garpax Records label in August 1962 along with a full-length LP called The Original Monster Mash, which contained several other monster-themed tunes. The "Monster Mash" single reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on October 20 of that year, just in time for Halloween. It has been a perennial holiday favorite ever since.

I have added it to my Halloween Playlist and if you want.... you can scroll down to listen to it!

No comments: