Sunday, August 9, 2009

Birthday Memories

Birthday's can either bring out the best or the worst in us. I have never had a hard time at any age with the exception of my 50th. After that "who really cares". I think birthdays are a great time for thinking of yester years. As a child I grew up on a farm in southeastern Iowa. It was the best. Really........I had a great childhood. I miss my childhood. Dang........I wish I were ten again. I remember riding my bike a mile to town in the summer just to go to the library. I remember loading my barbies in the basket on my bike and riding to my friend Kathy's to play for the day. She and I are still very close and talk at least once a week.

It's the cycle of life I guess...........but I still wish I were ten again....

2 comments:

Jenny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! My moms is the 10th also :)

janis said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Brooke,
Happy Birthday to You!

ps 10 was a cool age. You reminded me of carefree days of jumping on my bicycle and just riding for hours....wherever my bike took me!