Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Who Is Your Favorite Fictional Couple?




Yes, Yes.......I know! Crazy post for me but Valentine's Day is soon to be upon us!


I have several couples that come to mind here.........Fictional of course (hence the title of my post).


I am not a big believer in relationships........and yes, I can say this cause "It's my blog and I can write what I want". Wowza...........


When Fermina Daza and Florentino Ariza, from Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera, fall in love in their youth, they forge a bond that time and separation cannot break. Even as decades pass, Florentino holds out hope that Fermina's husband will die and that she will express her true feelings for him. When they finally get together in their old age, their connection is still as powerful as it was more than 50 years earlier.


Of course, no one can ever forget Mr. Darcy, from Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. He's a pompous jerk but it truly is one of my most favorite love stories of all times! My favorite line of the entire movie from Mr. Darcy is when he finally comes for his Elizabeth:


"If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings had changed, I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul and I love...I love... I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

And then there is our delicious vampire Edward and his one true love Bella, for whom he has waited for....for hundreds of years! Another wowza here..........

No comments: