Thursday, February 23, 2012

Did You Know.......




What is a Taphophile?


I am a folklorist, an anthropologist, a student of history! I love to walk in cemeteries and I enjoy reading histories of peoples' fears and hopes for their eternal rest.



"Taphophilia" is the best name for my syndrome. It means "love of cemeteries". All those who walk the shaded avenues of our favorite graveyard now have a word to describe ourselves without sounding like weirdos.


I spend countless hours on family history, genealogy and walking local cemeteries! I am a volunteer for many web sites that send me requests from ancestors to photograph their loved ones gravestones.



Taphophilia is a passion for and enjoyment of cemeteries!

"lover of tombstones"

I LOVE connecting all the pieces of the puzzle... whether it be for me or for others!



No comments: