Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 4th of July.....


Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.





Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, political speeches and ceremonies, and various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States.




One of my most favorite 4th of July events is watching the TV special..........The Boston Pops Orchestra, which has hosted a music and fireworks show over the Charles River Esplanade called the "Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular" annually since 1973. It is usually on PBS if anyone is interested.


I love my country!
I enjoy my freedom!
I know things are really in a mess right now with the current state of the economy but I still have to have "the faith that things will get better".

Yep...........that's me! Forever the optimist!

No comments: