Friday, March 6, 2009

It's National School Breakfast Week


National School Breakfast week is observed each year during the first week of March here in the U.S. According to the School Nutrition Association, research shows that children who eat breakfast have improved memory, problem -solving skills, verbal fluency and creative abilities. Don't we all wish this would have been in place when we were children? This whole article made me think of my times as a child growing up in a farming community and riding the bus to school. I loved riding the bus with all my friends. As farm kids, we had to eat lunch at school or carry it. In those days (days gone by!!!!) the cost was 50 cents and I remember the meals were great! You just couldn't beat the price. I have such wonderful memories of "THE LUNCH LADY". I even remember the cool milk machine and when they put in chocolate milk!!

No comments: