Saturday, May 19, 2012

Solar Eclipse 2012


Yippee.............I am in the perfect loction to see the Eclipse tomorrow and yes, I have the protective glasses to wear that I have ordered from EBAY!

For us "Utahans"  it should occur just at about 7:33.  Of course I will be checking out the time tonite and where exactly the sun will be..... so that way I can set up my lawn chair for the big event.

A rare annular eclipse, where a ‘ring of fire’ outlines the moon as it crosses the sun, will greet US viewers Sunday evening. Residents of the US West will have a good shot at seeing the full fire ring.



This NASA graphic of the United States depicts the path of the annular solar eclipse of May 20, 2012, when the moon will cover about 94 percent of the sun's surface as seen from Earth.

The next major solar eclipse in the US won’t come until August 21, 2017, although Australia and parts of the South Pacific will see one later this year, on Nov. 17.

No comments: