Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vintage Halloween

 
 
I love Vintage Halloween photos!
 
It takes me back to a simpler time when we didn't order costumes but we made them ourselves!
 
I grew up in a small rural town in south eastern Iowa and I can still "feel" the many Halloween's I enjoyed there as a child.  We didn't need to worry about being kidnapped or poisoned and we spent hours trick or treating and filling our pillowcase to the brim with goodies!  It was the best!
 
 We stayed out until very late into the night and then my brother and I would trade different candies for hours, days.....and that was only if we could remember where we had hid our "loot" from each other! 
 
Ahhhhh....the good ole daze! 
 I miss them..... and I am thankful for my precious memories!
 
And back then.......a fun size candy bar was actually regular size plus!

No comments: