Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Cobbler





"Pumpkin Cobbler"






3 eggs, beaten



15-oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling)



12-oz. can evaporated milk



1 Cup sugar



1/8 tsp. salt



1 and a 1/2 tsp. cinnamon



1 tsp. ground ginger



1Tablespoon vanilla extract



1 pkg. of yellow cake mix (18 and 4oz. size) normal size!



1 and 1/4 Cup margarine melted



1 Cup of pecans chopped






Mix the first8 ingredients together; pour into an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan. Sprinkle cake mix over the top; drizzle with margarine. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes; top with nuts. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Do the ole clean knife in the center test to see if it comes out clean to make sure it is done. Makes about 15 to 18 servings.







I serve this with a heaping ton of cool whip! Enjoy!



2 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

This sounds delicious. I copied for my file. Need to get the ingredients. I can't eat much of it but my family will appreciate. Thanks so much for sharing? Did you make this one up? It's new to me.
Barb

Zion Girl said...

Hi Barb...I love this recipe! It is actually from gooseberry and it is a big hit this time of year and for me...anything that is Pumpkin...I love! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks!