Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seriously....Why Do I Love Halloween So Much?


I get so giddy when I see fall... harvest... and Halloween items in the stores. It's my favorite time of the year and I love it. All year I can't wait for the fall. I love the changing leaves, cooler weather and holidays. Why do I get so happy about Halloween? I've been this way as long as I can remember and I'm a grown woman now....its not like I'm excited about dressing up and going trick or treating. Mid September you'll always know where I'm at--- decorating my house for Halloween!!!


What makes someone so excited about a certain season?

Rain showers? The smell of damp earth and fallen leaves?
The feel of a warm jacket and socks?
The raking of leaves and then the smell of them burning?
The colors of red, gold, orange and brown?
The Halloween Full Moon which will arrive on October 22?
Attending "Thriller" performed by Odyssey Dance Company at Tuachan Amphitheatre with your Saturday Friend? Hmmm.....

As for Halloween... that's simple... the child in you is still alive. You are from the lucky few who's inner child is still there. Don't ever loose that child. It is what will keep you young at heart. I know!

No comments: